ArcGIS for AutoCAD is a free downloadable tool that offers seamless interoperability between AutoCAD and the ArcGIS platform.
ArcGIS for AutoCAD users are provided with quick and easy access, within the AutoCAD environment, to enterprise GIS data published by ArcGIS Server. In addition, ArcGIS for AutoCAD gives users the ability to prepare data for use in a GIS while working within existing CAD standards.
Use ArcGIS for AutoCAD to
- View live GIS maps and display GIS symbology of the underlying GIS data inside AutoCAD.
- Include the results of GIS analysis in CAD designs.
- Access feature attributes directly from underlying GIS databases.
- Streamline GIS data and map content sharing between GIS and CAD groups.
- Add a GIS context to your CAD designs quickly without transformation of CAD drawings or conversion of GIS data.